Remedies for oily hair
What’s the best way to deal with oily hair?
Oily hair is a common problem that affects many people. While it's normal to have some amount of oils in your hair, an excess can be uncomfortable and difficult to manage. In this guide, we'll explore different ways to deal with oily hair, from dietary changes to treatments with natural ingredients and specific hair care routines. If you're tired of battling oily hair, read on to find out how you can solve the problem once and for all.
What is oily hair?
Oily hair is a problem that occurs when the sebaceous glands in the scalp produce too much sebum. Sebum is an oily substance that occurs naturally in the scalp to keep hair hydrated and protected. However, when produced in excess, hair can look greasy, sticky and lifeless. Excess sebum can also make hair dirty more quickly, which can lead to the need for more frequent washing. This is a common problem that affects many people and can be frustrating.
The causes of oily hair
Genetic factors play an important role in oily hair. However, there are others that can generate or aggravate this problem.
- Poor diet and lack of vitamins: our diet is directly related to the health of our skin and hair. Excessive consumption of fats and processed foods can result in excessive sebum production.
- Stress: in situations of stress our body can respond by altering the balance of our scalp.
- Hormonal imbalance: Another time when scalp balance can be affected is in situations where our hormone levels are modified such as pregnancy, puberty or during the menstrual period.
- Increased washing frequency: by washing our hair we remove some protective oils, if we wash too often, we can cause our hair to produce more oil to compensate for this deficit.
- Improper hair care routine: Following a hair care routine that covers the specific needs of each type of hair is essential to prevent a scalp imbalance. Diagnosis by a hair professional and investment in a personalized routine is the key to combating and preventing oily hair.
Tips to remedy oily hair
As we cannot modify genetic factors, we must focus on other factors to try to reverse the excess oiliness. A balanced diet, healthy routines that help us reduce stress and proper hair care treatment are the best solutions to the problem.
How to wash oily hair?
According to experts, washing is one of the most important moments of the hair care routine. If we follow a few simple guidelines during washing, we can generate significant changes.
- Use a specific oily hair treatment shampoo. Biokera Natura Specific Oily Hair Shampoo is specially designed to work on the scalp and regulate sebum production.
- Rinse hair with lukewarm water to remove oils and residues without encouraging sebum production.
- Shampoo twice for deep cleaning.
- Avoid massaging the scalp so as not to overstimulate the sebaceous glands.
Natural ingredients for oily hair
Brewer's yeast offers a powerful sebum-regulating action thanks to its high level of vitamins and minerals that help maintain the scalp’s correct balance, slowing down the overproduction of sebum. We can find this ingredient in all the products of the Biokera Natura Oily Hair range, a three-step treatment that eliminates excess oil, increases the time that can be left between washes and restores scalp health.
How can I prevent oily hair from reappearing?
The Biokera Natura Oily Hair treatment must be applied in two phases to achieve the desired results. In the first phase, we apply the complete treatment twice a week for a period of 2 months. In the second phase, we reduce application to once a week to ensure correct maintenance and prevent the problem of excess sebum from reappearing.
If you want more information on "Recover damaged hair with natural ingredients" or related topics, remember that you can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.